Smokey Skies and Seas


Working in my studio today, all day.  I went blackberry picking with the dog at lunch, he was panting up a storm because of the smoke.  We are getting hit with tons of smoke from the fires in British Columbia, and compounded by the heat - it is hard to be outside.  This is so much worse than anything I experienced in Southern California during fire season.  After getting only a pint or so of berries, I headed back to the studio. 


Both of these paintings were done with three colors; naples yellow, rose madder and French ultramarine blue.  I like the haziness I get from this mix.  Both paintings are from photos I took during a recent trip to Langley, south Whidbey Island.  Such a gorgeous island.  It is technically not an island, in that it is connected to Fidalgo, (Anacortes).  But there are ferries that run from east Puget Sound, to Mulkiteo, and on the west, from Coupleville to Port Townsend. Port Townsend, a lovely town, is a gateway to the Olympic Peninsula.  

Comments

Popular Posts