Lake Louise (No, not that one)



Watercolor, 11x15
A pristine summer day in Whatcom County, such a welcome respite from the smokey skies we had last week.  I headed out to Lake Louise which is a small lake adjacent to Whatcom Lake.  


Approximately 4x6, Iphone.  A sketch of my brother Charlie's house in Florida.  

On Saturday Gabi Campanario came up to Bellingham to hold a workshop and a few of us met up with him afterwards.  He started Urban Sketchers eleven years ago in Seattle, while he was newly employed at the paper and new to the city.  Now there are 180 chapters of Urban Sketchers world wide!  I'm very proud to say that I had a hand in starting the chapter here in Bellingham along with two other enthusiastic sketchers.  Our group has over 50 members, and we have had sketch crawls every other Saturday for over a year now!  

Anyway - Gabi was explaining how he uses an app on his tablet and his phone to do sketches around Seattle for personal and professional purposes.  He does features in the local section of the Seattle Times, including his sketches!  I downloaded the app and this is my first sketch using my fingers and my phone.  What a fun tool. 

Comments

Popular Posts