Roadtrip - More from Arches National Park

 



Did I mention the National Park  Lifetime Pass for seniors is only $82?  I can't recommend it enough.  On this trip, which wasn't planned around parks (with the exception of Yellowstone), I think I hit 4 or 5 and it paid for itself over an over.  Yellowstone, Little Big Horn (Custer's Last Stand), Shenandoah National Park and Arches.  I would have visited more in Colorado but it decided to drop 4 inches of snow upon my arrival, the day after Labor Day.  

This is a gouache painting on illustration board and my oh my.  It really brought me back to when my medium was exclusively oil.  It's a lot of work!  I think I like opaque mediums for small sketches but prefer watercolor for larger works.  Light to dark is the only way to go!  Let watercolor do all the work!  And I've come to enjoy drawing as part of my process.

Comments

Popular Posts