Road Trip 2020 - Sketches

 I recently took a road trip with my dog from the northwest corner of the country to Virginia to visit a dear friend.  It was a very interesting time to be traveling to say the least.  I traveled along the I-90 on the eastbound trip, picked up the 64 somewhere around Illinois/Indiana to get to my destination in Virginia.  I took the I-70 on the way back until I got to Utah and picked up the I-84, and then the I-90.   

    Here are the first of some of my sketches.


I stayed in Yellowstone for a couple of days.  Just an incredible park, and not too crowded.



My friend Kim's backyard near Richmond, Virginia.  It was humid, lush and very green. A real popular place for my dog who guarded the perimeter daily.



After I spend a night with another good friend in Lexington, she directed me to the Lexington Horse Farm country on my way out of town, along the Blue Grass Parkway.  

Another sketch from Blue Grass, this is in gouache.  Lexington, just beautiful country. 




On my way west to Kansas City I took a detour into Shenandoah National Park.  The views of the Blue Ridge Mountains were amazing.


Stay tuned for more from my trip.

Comments

Popular Posts