Flowers!


Above is a quick pen and ink wash I did after work on Friday to usher in the three day holiday.  I have been doing quite a bit of pen and ink wash lately, exploring the effect.

Above is a pen/ink wash I did with the Urban Sketch group last week.  We sketched at Ceasar Chavez Park, just south of San Diego.  There are all sorts of ships, Weather (NOAA), Navy, commercial, and tug boats - all tied up to the piers, and this beautiful view of the Coronado bridge.  This is by far my favorite group to paint/sketch with - every level of sketcher is welcomed and we all get together for a photo and review of our work at the end of the morning meeting.  And our fearless leader does a video of the morning - here is the Ceasar Chavez Video:  

.  Oh - I found these great sketch books on sale this week, almost half price; Stillman and Birn; Beta Series.  Next week I will be learning how to make my own sketch book! I really can't wait.  

Below is a sketch I did today in Rancho Santa Fe of a patch of Brown Eyed Susans. Then I started to sketch the cars - which is why we met up there in the first place.  



I'd like to practice doing these cars again - but I only had 15 minutes before the owners drove their cards off.  (Spent too much time with the Brown Eyed Susans!)



Comments

Popular Posts