Sunrise at Lover's Point, Pacific Grove


I did this painting three times and decided the first was best, (interesting how that works).  But not a wasted effort at all - I learned something each time I painted it; for example, I liked the sky in the 3rd one, but this painting is not about the sky at all, it's about the sunrise. 

It was the first day of the Plein Air Convention in Monterey - and as it turned out, the only morning without fog.  This park (Lover's Point - Pacific Grove) was just across the street from my hotel room, and I knew I only had a few minutes to capture it so I jumped up, grabbed my camera, and ran across the street (without coffee!) - and as it was the photo didn't convey the colors one could see with the naked eye - so I've had fun interpreting that.  I could paint this a thousand times and not be bored with it!

Comments

Popular Posts