Monday, June 10, 2013

China Mums and Daisies


I started with an old canvas that I painted over with the red ground, as seen below.  I used cadmium red, which is so so strong.  I thinned it out quite a bit, even so most of the original painting was gone.


The next step was to do a loose drawing, as seen below.  Once I did that, I used my palette knife to lay in a lot of paint, focusing on values.  I thought I had a photo of that but I guess I didn't stop.  I really struggled with my final photo because of the lighting,  I need to replace some of my internal lighting.  




No comments:

Post a Comment