Wall St - (Not that one, the Other one!) - Watercolor


I recently took a workshop to learn about line contour drawing and watercolor from a really good instructor - Lori Mitchell, who is a professional illustrator.  Her mother was an artist, her two sisters are artists and her daughter draws as well!   After the first day of a two day class, I ran to Warwicks and bought a small moleskin watercolor pad (4x6) and then stopped at the corner of Ivanhoe and Wall and did this sketch in about 20-25 minutes, I added the watercolor once I got home.  It was later in the day, there was beautiful color on the street, especially these shops and their awnings.



The above are some quick sketches we did in class all on the same page.  The first sketch is from a photo I took in Paris, the motorcyclist was making a fast left turn - followed by a view of San Diego bay from Shelter island, from last summer and the bottom is of my favorite golf course in Poway - Maderas, this is my favorite brother from Melbourne - Cook, teeing off from an elevated tee on a long par 5.  

Comments

Popular Posts