Day 100 of 100. Flower Finale!


I’ve painted more than 100 paintings and sketches,  but posted only one each day which was worthy of being published.  I made a couple trips during this period among other priorities and constraints that impacted my time. BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.  I get so much out of this annual challenge -that I started 4 years ago with 30 days of painting and this year ending after 100 days.  In these 100 days I have painted on location, (in plein air), I’ve set up still life compositions in my studio (like the flowers in this post) and I’ve used my own reference photos.  I also did 4 or 5 abstracts, posted urban sketches and tried a few different mediums and papers (I learned I like hot press) and approaches (I like wet-into wet). I've worked out a new palette that I like (more transparent and pure pigment paints).  I’ve been able to work on design, a lot, and feel like I can ‘see’ better.  I've tried painting so many different subjects that I now know more about how I might approach a painting long before I pick up a brush.  And just as importantly, I don't feel like I should paint everything I see, or that I should be able to.  

 I'm very excited about continuing this adventure, more paint, more paper, more water and who knows what else!  Thanks for following my posts and for your comments, your support has been very encouraging and motivating. Again - Thank you!

Stay Tuned for MORE!



Comments

Popular Posts