Bay Beauty


Welcome to the Pacific Northwest! I am now living and painting in Northern Washington, and finding vistas and inspiration at every turn. It is so lucky and right that my daughter gave me Mary Oliver's "Upstream" for my birthday, my first birthday in my new location.  Essays about nature and much more.
Painted on Lummi Island (rhymes with Tummy), a five minute ferry ride from the mainland on a small but serious sixteen car ferry.  This is looking east to Bellingham and Mount Baker beyond.  This past weekend was the annual Ski-to-Sea seven leg race that starts with skiing at Mt Baker and ends at the Bay with Sea Kayaking, and 5 other sports in between.  The whole town turns out for it.
Watercolor, 12 x 16
Available


Comments

  1. Beautiful painting! I really like the greens in the trees - great variations- and blues you used.
    Lucky you being in such a gorgeous area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is beautiful and lots of greens.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts