Day 8 of 100.  Exquisite Interest. 

 One of my goals This year is to read more on a daily basis. My goal is to read at least 50 pages of fiction and 10 pages of non-fiction which can include poetry, biography, philosophy, etc. Here is a passage that grabbed me today about  "the responsibility to live thoughtfully and intelligently", it’s from Mary Oliver’s book,  Upstream. 

So here I am, walking on down the sandy path...with the inherited devotions of curiosity and respect. The moment is full of such exquisite interest as Fabre or Flaubert would have been utterly alive to. Yes, it is a din of voices that I hear and they do not all say the same thing. But ... thoughtfulness unites them.

It might be Cezanne and Sorolla instead of Fabre (never read) and Flaubert ( barely recall).  

Comments

Popular Posts