Maui Sketches

I recently went to Maui, invited by a dear friend and it was a wonderful trip.  The following are sketches I did on the trip and the last two from photos when I got back.



The view of northwest Maui from Kihei.


Palms poolside.



Wailea, Maui

 

Morning View. 


Makena Beach, Maui


     

Plumeria.  I brought this cupeasel on the trip and it was just perfect.  It's about 8x8, lightweight and handles up to a 9x12 format and is fitted for a tripod.  Which I didn't need, because I was mostly sitting in a beach chair, and you know, soaking up the sun as the waves lapped at my feet and I painted.  You know how it goes..... we suffer for our art.




Makawao!  I love this town in 'upcountry'.  But I love these classic Hawaiian homes even more, the turquoise siding and white trim with palms waving in the breeze. 



Makena Beach, looking south.




Kamaole Beach, just across the street from the condo.



Kamaole Beach where I snorkeled, paddling out to find a turtle or two just to come back in and find one playing in the waves in the shallow waters.  This guys was about 3 feet across and 4 feet long. It was a blast just to watch him, he stuck around for about 3 hours.




On the road back from Hana, around the south side.



Lots of trees like this one at the beach across the way from where I was staying.  What a trip!

Comments

Popular Posts