Spring!

Good news first.  I will have two paintings in the upcoming Laguna Plein Air Painters Assoc. 9th annual show "Less is More" opening on March 28th.  It is a juried show with only 60 artists.  I'm happy that both paintings were accepted. The two I submitted are here at the following links: 
and



Spring! Went out to the Anza Borrego Desert this weekend because this year was reporting a good showing of wildflowers.  It was hot though, more like a summer day of 90 degrees with a warm desert wind blowing across the valley.  Below is a photo of Henderson Canyon, and if I had brought my painting umbrella I would have set up right there to paint.


I finally settled in Palm Canyon which had a nice, but warm breeze running through it where I sketched the Ocotillo above, which are in bloom all over the place (the orange flowers at the tips of the branches).  And I was kept company by these guys.


  



Comments

Popular Posts